Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Back in the Blog

Lots of changes since I last blogged. In no particular order; I retired from my job after 29 years; my Mom passed and my best friend died. I miss her every single day. I miss my Mom too but not as much. I guess that sounds wrong or weird but my friend was often, my mother, my sister, my confidante, my partner in crime, and my teacher.

 In all our history of 44 years, we had one true fight. I can't remember the fight itself, but I remember the circumstance. We were going to the movies but couldn't decide what to see and somewhere in the middle we argued and separated, deciding not to continue together. I went my way and she went her way. 20 minutes later we ended up at the same movie! We agreed it was meant to be and entirely dismissed our earlier disagreement. We thoroughly enjoyed "Heaven Can Wait."

 She was my very best friend, I think I was hers too. Hard to verify because she was so well loved, admired and honored for her work. She was articulate, imaginative, caring and insightful. She was way out of my league but I loved from the day I opened a sketch book and saw the adorable babies that she had created. I didn't know her name at that point, but I knew I had to meet her. She was as skinny as I was fat! She had two sons and an ex-Husband. She was a native of Baltimore, living in NY, just like me! She was not a classic beauty but she was beautiful. She had the most gorgeous big brown eyes. Huge and hypnotic and her beautiful brown skin carried red/gold undertones. She was an artist through and through but she was also an educator, life coach and mentor to countless young and old people alike. If there is a heaven, that's the only place she could be.

x

2 comments:

  1. You’ve spoken to me about her many times, but after reading this I have to agree that she’s definitely in Heaven. Or maybe, just maybe, she got her wings!

    ReplyDelete